Branded Materials and Templates for UC CalFresh Programs
UC CalFresh Branding Guidance
UC CalFresh Wordmark (logo)
- Please begin to integrate the new UC CalFresh wordmark for all UC CalFresh documents, social media, web pages signature blocks, etc.
- Documents already in circulation should be updated with the new UC CalFresh wordmark prior to re-printing or revising.
- It is best practice to refer to the UC CalFresh website to ensure your program is using the most current standardized form(s), such as NARFs, teacher enrollment forms, etc. Please do not dispose of any item if the only change that needs to be made is the wordmark (logo)
- Beginning October 1, 2016, the new UC CalFresh wordmark will appear on Nutrition Education Reinforcement items (NERI) ordered for your UC CalFresh county program by the UC CalFresh State Office.
- All NERI currently on hand should be utilized first prior to re-purchasing or acquiring new items due to the logo modification. Refer to UC CalFresh Program Directive 2012-04 for additional information on the purchase of NERI.
- UCCE County UC CalFresh Programs are to begin working with UC ANR to update the webpages to include the new UC CalFresh wordmark and proper identification of the UC CalFresh Nutrition Education Program.
- UC CalFresh Webpages must include the new UC CalFresh wordmark, the required SNAP-Ed civil rights and funding statements and the CalFresh outreach information (see below). This is also available in the SNAP-Ed Guidance.
UC CalFresh Templates
- Programs are encouraged to use the new UC CalFresh branded templates beginning October 1, 2016; however, using templates from UC ANR’s toolkit is also acceptable.
- Any UC CalFresh branded documents must include the use of UCOP colors, and font, new UC CalFresh Wordmark, and other required information including the CalFresh Outreach statement, civil rights, and funding statements
- Counties should not be using items that are not branded appropriately or that diverge from UC CalFresh and/or UC ANR branding guidelines.
Downloading other Materials
- Effectively immediately, all downloaded materials must have a disclaimer noting the permission to download and appropriate attributions prior to use and/or making copies for distribution
- Materials containing commercial branding, such as from a food company, contain logos or visuals suggestive of a commercial brand may not be used or distributed to SNAP-Ed Nutrition Education participants
Please contact the UC CalFresh State Office or call 530-754-7794 with requests for branded materials or if your program would find a particular type of branded material useful and it is not already available.
Required SNAP-Ed Statements
[SNAP-Ed Funding statement, Civil Rights statement and CalFresh Outreach information]:
English: This material was produced by the University of California CalFresh Nutrition Education Program with funding from USDA SNAP, known in California as CalFresh (formerly food stamps). These institutions are equal opportunity providers and employers. CalFresh provides assistance to low-income households and can help buy nutritious foods for better health. For CalFresh information, call 1-877-847-3663.
Spanish: Este material fue producido por el Programa de Educación Sobre Nutrición CalFresh de la Universidad de California con fondos de USDA SNAP, conocido en California como CalFresh (antiguamente llamado Estampillas para Comida). Estas instituciones son empleadores y proveedores que ofrecen igualdad de oportunidades. CalFresh provee asistencia a hogares de bajos ingresos y puede ayudar a comprar alimentos nutritivos para una mejor salud. Para información sobre CalFresh, llame al 1-877-847-3663.
UC ANR Non-Discrimination Statement
UCCE county programs must also include the UC ANR non-discrimination statement. Download the most current statement for Single Page Flyers (English and Spanish) here.
This package contains the following versions of the UC CalFresh Logo
- SVG Format: Export from Illustrator
- PDF Format: Opens in any application that supports pdf format
- EPS Format: Opens a vector image in Adobe Illustrator
- PNG Format: Preferred format for web use
- The Primnary colors are Pantone 299 (blue) and Pantone 116 (gold). these colors should be predominantly used in all materials created for UC CalFresh programs.
- These colors allow greater flexibility in use while retaining a distinctive identity. By limiting promotional materials and branded documents to these primary and secondary colors we can encourage recognition and consistency of the UC CalFresh brand.
- Arial: This contemporary font is designed to perform well on the screen and at small sizes.
- Lucinda Sans: As a secondary typeface this may be also be used
The templates below comply with the guidance outlined above. UC CalFresh Programs are encouraged to use these branded templates to ensure consistency and recognition of the UC CalFresh brand and it's programs.
This package contains the following general Microsoft Office templates for Word and PowerPoint as well as other sample branded documents such as an agenda, certificate of completion, flyers, conference poster and binder cover.
Photography and Digital assets
When selecting photos and graphics for your project keep in mind that one of the Civil Rights Components is public notification, which requires that photos and graphics reflect diversity. Never use any participant photos without permission (signed photo release) and/or appropriate attribution.
These links will provide you with images and graphics that meet the civil rights compliance of public notification and diversity
An account is required and can be created for access to this photo bank
Questions please contact the UC CalFresh State Office or 530-754-7794