Adult Evaluation Tools
These are the most commonly used Adult evaluation tools in the CalFresh Healthy Living, UC SNAP-Ed.
- Online Surveys Tip Sheet UPDATED
This document takes you step-by-step through the process for accessing online survey links in PEARS and Qualtrics as well as distributing survey links to class participants via Zoom in order to collect participant surveys online when delivering web-based nutrition education classes.
This resource includes a “how-to” video from PEARS that take you step-by-step through the process for generating a public survey link/QR code in PEARS in order to collect adult participant surveys online when delivering web-based nutrition education classes.
Creating ID Codes
Instructions for Creating ID Codes for Pre/Post Surveys English/Spanish/Chinese
- Full page ID Code for demonstrations English/Spanish/Chinese
- Step-by-step ID code instructions for in-person survey administration – PowerPoint slides in English and Spanish
- Step-by-step ID code instructions for online survey administration in PEARS – PowerPoint slides in English and Spanish
- Step-by-step ID code instructions for online survey administration in Qualtrics – PowerPoint slides in English and Spanish
Adult Taste Testing Tool
Food Behavior Checklist (FBC)
Beginning in FFY22, all SIAs and LIAs are required to use the FBC to evaluate adult nutrition education programming in settings where they are delivering four or more sessions of series-based direct education including Eating Smart Being Active, Eat Healthy Be Active Community Workshops, Eat Smart, Live Strong, MyPlate for My Family, Food Smarts, and, UCCE Connects to You! over at least four weeks. CDSS translated the FBC into additional languages including Arabic, Russian, simplified and traditional Chinese, and Vietnamese. If you want a copy of any CDSS translated FBC surveys, please contact Angie Keihner at the CFHL, UC State Office.
- Instruction Guide
- Administration Protocol
- Training Webinar
- Training PPT Slides
- FBC Surveys in PEARS
Intent to Change (ITC)
Please find the 16 Intent to Change surveys (ITCs) focusing on different diet, physical activity and food resource management topics available below. ITCs are designed to evaluate single sessions or workshops. Please choose the question(s) that best apply to your single session/workshop. There are two administration options:
- Each half-page ITC survey can be printed as a hard copy two to a sheet and double-sided with the Demographics Data Cards on the back.
- Alternatively, the ITC Surveys in PEARS can be collected online during distance learning using the public survey link or QR code.
Lower Fat Milk
Physical Activity - Hours
Physical Activity - Minutes
Plan, Shop, Save & Cook (PSSC) and Making Every Dollar Count (MEDC)
Adult Qualitative Feedback Half Sheet
The adult qualitative feedback survey was designed to capture valuable narrative responses and quotes to help provide immediate feedback on local programming and for county/cluster teams to include in annual reports and promotional materials. Therefore, there is no data entry burden for staff or survey portals created for data entry.